Monday, November 3, 2014

Fake Dating Profile #1: TheCharity - 141103

After sending out over 30 messages on my POF profile to various women over the last two weeks and not getting a single response, I designed this fake profile. But I didn't publish it. Now before you jump to conclusions, understand that I sent every woman only one message, with the exception of 2 or 3, whom I only sent a second message. Also that every message was personal to what was on their profile, and asked questions about things I genuinely had interest in. No message was more than 3 or 4 sentences. My profile is honest, real, positive, and brief. But most of my messages had not even been read.

I was laying in bed feeling like I was going to emotionally die. So I sent a desperate message begging one woman to respond. Only then did I get a response.

Me: "Please say something. Anything. Please."
Her reply: "Hey!!!! I actually meant to write you back. lol"

I said "thank god", I felt better, and we chatted. There was nothing between us. But I felt so much better.

I sent that message to several other women who hadn't replied. No answer. She was the only one who had a child. She also is the the farthest one from me, almost 100 miles away. I live in New Braunfels, TX. I think those are factors that should be noted. It should also be noted that these messages were not genuinely desperate, like the first.

Today I published the designed profile. Screen name "thecharity". I honestly felt fine after that one woman talked to me, even though it was a very short conversation. It made all the pain go away. But my thoughts and feelings, and this experience, doesn't help anybody if it's not out in the open. Here it is.




I got a response from the very first message I sent out. Within minutes. She wasn't even online. I didn't have the stomach to send any more, but I think I made my point.


No comments: